Introduction

As a Walden University graduate student, I'm beginning this blog as part of my course work. I've used a website for several years now for my elementary students and their parents, but I'm new to the world of blogging.

The purpose of this blog is to assist me, my fellow Walden colleagues, and others to learn more about the field of instructional design. Along the way, I'm hoping to learn more about the world of blogging!





Saturday, November 3, 2012

Instructional Design Blogs

The goal of my first posting was to enter the world of blogging by first creating my own blog (did it!) and to search out some helpful blogs related to instructional design.  Here are a few blogs that I selected to feature on this posting:

David Anderson has two blogs related to instructional design and learning.  First, his E-learning Examples blog highlights different examples of multimedia learning.  He states that he wanted to provide “inspiration and learning opportunities” for professionals that are designing learning.   Some of the multimedia categories that he highlights are:  quizzes and activities, corporate e-learning, interactive maps, Adobe Flash journalism, and infographics.  Within each category, there are real world examples.  Mr. Anderson’s second blog is Multimedia Learning.  Here he posts learning videos that give technology tips.  For example, his latest posting is how to use Tube Chop.  This is a technology that allows you to easily edit and shorten any YouTube video if you only want to use a portion of it.   As a student of instructional design and a relative novice at technology, I found both of Anderson’s blogs interesting.  I enjoy the examples of multimedia learning, and I find the technology ideas and instruction helpful.
http://multimedialearning.com/


 

Another blog that I will be following is Joel Gardner’s Reflections on Instructional Design.  His blog focuses on practical ideas and professional development for instructional designers.  I find his blog helpful because some of his posts discuss basic design theories that will help me develop as a professional.  For example, one of his posts is titled “What is Instructional Design?”  This posting details his definition of what an instructional designer does.  As a graduate student in my second course at Walden with no background in instructional design, I found this blog posting helpful.  I appreciate learning from someone in the field teaching and designing courses. 
http://joelleegardner.blogspot.com/p/home.html

 

In researching instructional design blogs, I also came across eLearning Industry.  This site is an online site for instructional designers and eLearning professionals.  On this site, one can find job opportunities, as well as a forum for sharing ideas.  There are articles, links, and featured industry bloggers.  I think it will be helpful to see what is out there as far as eLearning and instructional design jobs.  Further, there are links to blogs of instructional designers and elearning professionals from a variety of fields.  I find it useful that all of these professionals are available on one site.
http://elearningindustry.com/subjects/jobs/item/292-senior-instructional-designer-position-in-englewood-co

No comments:

Post a Comment